Posts tagged meet the press
- You say [President Obama] doesn't believe in American exceptionalism just because he won't send arms into what could become a bloody civil war--
- No, no--
- That's what you want to get involved in?
- No. Everything that the President has displayed from the beginning of this presidency is that he does not believe in [American exceptionalism]
- You are not worried about the kind of civil war we've seen elsewhere in the Middle East by adding arms into a sectarian conflict, in Syria?
- And you are not worried about a continued massacre and slaughter of innocent people, women being raped, children being tortured and killed? You're not worried about that? You should be.
- Leaders make decisions all the time about where to intervene and where not. We're not intervening in Darfur and those women are being raped and kids are being killed there too
- Well, of course that's an entirely different situation
I guarantee you this, and I don’t make many guarantees. By the end of this decade, we’re gonna be glad that Republicans called [HCR] Obamacare. Because when the reality of healthcare is in place—we’re all healthcare consumers, what people like you and I say about it’s not going to matter in a few years. It’s gonna be what peoples’ experience is. It’s gonna be very positive and not what people fear. But what people don’t want to do—they don’t want to refight this political battle.
— David Plouffe
Colin Powell’s full endorsement of Barack Obama on Meet the Press